1. About this policy
- Information we collect
- How we use your information
- Who we exchange your information with
- How we keep your information secure
- How you can access, update and correct your information
- How you can make a complaint about misuse of your information
2. Collection and storage of your personal information
2.1. Why do we collect your personal information?
To provide Customers with the Products or Services, and address your enquiries.
For all other entities, such as current or prospective contractors, suppliers or service providers, for all purposes relevant to your engagement with us.
2.2. What personal information do we collect and store?
The personal information we collect and store will depend on why you contact us and on which Products and Services you order and/or subscribe to. The information may include:
- your name and contact details, including your physical address, email address and telephone number(s);
- your Business Name, ACN, ABN;
- employment-related information, if you apply to be a contractor;
- other information you may provide to us, or that you grant us access to, e.g. through customer surveys, or feedback; and
- other information that we reasonably observe or become privy to while assisting you with your inquiries, or while supplying you with Products or Services.
2.3. How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your information when you:
- fill out an electronic form on our website, sign up to our newsletter, enter one of our competitions, apply for a job with us, telephone us, send us an email, complete a customer survey, or in the process of providing On-Site/Off-Site/Remote IT Services.
- interact with us through Social media channels.
- subscribe to our email lists.
- use online electronic forms to enable you to request and order Products and Services, lodge an enquiry, leave feedback or make a complaint via our website.
- track your movements on our website
- record your visits so we can recognise you if you visit our website again
- helps us understand how you use our online products and services and how we can make them more relevant to you.
- measure traffic patterns
- to determine which areas of our website have been visited
We may log your IP addresses (Unique Address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider or Phone Provider) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, gather broad demographic information, and to help prevent or follow up fraudulent purchases and website or Product/Service misuse.
In order for us to provide Products and Services, we may collect personal information about you indirectly from third parties such as:
- publicly available sources; or
- your representative, such as an assistant or colleague, an adult relative, a caregiver, who contacts us on your behalf.
2.4. How do we store/hold your personal information?
Your information is stored electronically and securely in our database and other secure information systems.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously.
For example, if you contact Us with a general enquiry, you won’t be required to give your name.
For most of our Products and Services, we usually need your name and contact information, and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to fairly and efficiently handle your order, subscription, inquiry, request, complaint or application, or to act on your communication with us.
3. What if you don’t provide us with your personal information?
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to properly provide Products or Services to you, administer your account, verify your identity and/or let you know about other Products and Services that might be useful to you.
4. When will we notify you that we have received your information?
Your privacy and the protection of your personal information is very important to us.
We do not disclose your personal information to any other person, organisation or entity except for those required to provide you with Products and Services, this may include Service Providers, Contractors and Suppliers.
If you are concerned about where your personal information may be disclosed, you can ask us to confirm who and where your information will be disclosed prior to providing us with your personal information, and requesting Products or Services from Us.
5.1. Service providers, Contractors and Suppliers
PC Australia Wholesale uses a number of service providers, contractors and suppliers to whom we disclose personal information only in order to provide Products and Services to you. These include providers that host our website servers, manage our IT and provide third party specialist repair services to our customers.
5.2. Disclosure of personal information overseas
Depending on the Product or Service you request from us, and that we supply to you, we may be required to disclose your personal information to people, organisation’s or entities overseas.
Our Invoice Accounting Software Provider Wave Apps is an international company.
6. Quality of your personal information
To ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete we do one or more of the following (where practicable and relevant):
- record information in a consistent format;
- promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records; and/or
- verify our contact lists to check their accuracy.
The accuracy of your information is of course largely dependent on what you provide us. To make sure we’ve got your most current and accurate details, please let us know when your information changes (e.g. if you change your name or move house).
7. Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is of high importance to us.
We try to take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
8. Direct Marketing
From time to time we may communicate information about our products, services, discounts or competitions, via email, telephone, SMS email or other electronic means.
You can opt-out from receiving our marketing offers, by notifying us via email at email@example.com, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link should the communication include that option.
9. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you.
You have the right to ask that we correct any incorrect personal information that we hold about you.
You must be able to prove your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it.
If you ask for access to information, or correction to information, we must respond within 30 days.
We may refuse to provide you access to personal information, or the ability correct your personal information, if there is a law or court order that allows or requires us to do so.
If we refuse to give you access to, or correct your personal information, we must notify you in writing setting out the reasons why.
10. How to make an enquiry or a complaint
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about how we handle your personal information, please bring it to our attention. Please let us know about your concerns via email, directing your enquiry or complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response you may can ask for it to be reviewed by a Manager (if that has not already happened).
If you still feel your issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: